If you’re reading this you’re probably either lost (in which case the rest of the Internet is the first turn on your left, keep going straight…) or you have way too much time on your hands.
Anyway, since you’re here you’re welcome to read on, but first let’s get something straight…
I WRITE THIS BLOG FOR ME – NOT YOU!
That’s the honest truth.
I know most bloggin gurus say ‘write for your audience’ and ‘think about your visitors, it’s their blog too’. Well that’s all very nice n’ all but in this instance it does not apply.
6 reasons why I started (and continue) to blog:
1. To keep a journal of web tips, tricks, techniques that I know or learn as I go (as much a record for myself as info for anyone else).
2. To practice my writing skills. Doing this publicly adds a certain extra thrill for me. I’m no James Joyce but I do want to practice a certain type of writing…Joyce is too flowery anyway IMO.
3. To build links. I knew I could achieve a PR4 and thought it would be useful for adding link juice to my other sites and client sites where relevant. It will achieve a PR5 (and higher) someday so the link value goes up. This is a main incentive for me to keep ‘building’ this blog. It’s one of the few obvious kickbacks for me.
4. To practice blogging in every sense. By that I mean setting up a blog, trying to keep on topic, trying to write good original content, trying to figure out how to build traffic, the complete blogging experience.
5. To make money from blogging. This is an extension of point 4. If I’m to enjoy the ‘complete blogging experience’ I’ve got to learn how to make money from blogging.
6. Who knows? I might even share some information that will be of use to people.